Please excuse all spelling and grammatical mistakes, my mom first language is French, but she loves to express herself in English.....

Friday, February 10, 2012

When my body control me


When I was very young, I was able to use my hands and fingers. I loved books and turned the pages myself. I was also able to control my fingers and pick even a small cheerios. That was long time ago, I was between 4 to 10 months old. After those great time, my hands went to my mouth, I became absorbed by the stereotype, and this is when my body start to control everything I wanted to do. 
As Barbo Lindberg describe so well, " it is not themselves who rule their bodies and emotions: rather, it is the other way around..." 
So here I am, ready to go swim, my mom took my gloves off, and my hands are stuck deeply in my mouth!.
This is certainly not what I wanted to do, like many of others movements that happen to me all the time. 
I am slowly getting accustomed to my body own control, my eyes abilities to focus is becoming much better,   I handle to have my hands takes off from my mouth, with gloves or Bamboo braces ( see post Bamboo braces ), and by knowing myself better, it  has allowed me more purposely intents. You can't imagine in which kind of chaos I have to live, but if you are patient with me, reassuring, slow, observing, loving, and can create a safe environment filled with rhythm it will help me to do better, everyday a little bit more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment