Please excuse all spelling and grammatical mistakes, my mom first language is French, but she loves to express herself in English.....

Monday, October 31, 2011

Understanding Rett Syndrome


Understanding Rett Syndrome By Barbro Lindberg, is a book I highly recommend. Constantly looking at improving and understanding Alexandra syndrome I read this book this year. Barbro from Sweden, is not a mother of a Rett Syndrome daughter, but a teacher who got interested by those little girls and went on study 39 cases. She understand them like a mother or a father will do, knowing every manifestations of their syndrome. I learn so much from her words. We all can see and feel that our daughters undersatnd a lot, but in the same time, respond so little to even simple directions.... Barbo made me understand how Alexandra was perceiving the world, and how her system was functioning. I wish I will have read this book years ago...to be able to understand her better. Thank you so much to Barbo, I am now much more ready to work from a very different point with my dear Alexandra. 

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Rett-Syndrome-Practical-Therapists/dp/088937306X/ref=trdrt_tipp_dp_img_GWTB_507846?pf_rd_p=1323201482&pf_rd_s=right-4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=507846&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=18Q8HNM8QK0CZ9338GX2

1 comment: