Please excuse all spelling and grammatical mistakes, my mom first language is French, but she loves to express herself in English.....

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Jogger Stroller for special needs kids



Alexandra has two others strollers after her wheel chair. This one is a jogger stroller made for special needs kids. It is bigger than a standard jogger stroller. It is called a AXIOM Mobility Chair, this is the size 2. It is better than the wheel chair for going on long walk or country style paths. It is not has good has it can be, the sitting at the hips level is not tilted to a 45 degree angle so Alexandra has tendency to slide off, but happily the belt secure her in place. I do not like the shoulders straps, because they are not well place too, and Alexandra love to be free to move to a straight sitting position. I cut the straps and sew them back into a better place , as you can see I put something ( the pink towel) under her upper legs to create a 45 degree angle. I also had to make a cushion to go under her feet for a proper seat. 


The stroller is good anyway, just have to be adapted. On the first picture the stroller has a single front wheel  but in the second pictures we used the two wheels to navigate better in town, crowd or stores. The stroller fold very easily, kind of flat, but it keep its length. It is pretty light. 



Here Alexandra is sitting and holding herself in a sitting position, she is secure by the hips belt only. 


I am planning to get an upholstery person to fix the stroller better than what I did. Make a small slanted 45 degree cushion for the seat and a slanted cushion for her feet. The other stroller we have is a MClaren stroller that we really like too. I do not have pictures yet, but will show in a future post. I bought the Axiom from http://www.adaptivemall.com/ who ordered from  http://www.adaptivestar.com/  and it took very long to come, the factory was changing ownership. But the company was very good. Please do not hesitate to contact me for details and experiences with this product. 


3 comments:

  1. Alexandra has two others strollers after her wheel chair. This one is a jogger stroller made for special needs kids. It is bigger than a standard ... joggerskids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.

    Pediatric Wheelchair

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Karma Ergo 115 Wheelchair

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete