Please excuse all spelling and grammatical mistakes, my mom first language is French, but she loves to express herself in English.....

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My eye gaze computer



My eye gaze from Dynavox is attached to my wheelchair...thank you to technology progress. As you can see , I like it and it makes me happy. I am playing with a game call " Zoo adventure". A bunch of wild animals , like you can see in a zoo, are displayed on a scene. Each time I look for a second and half on one it disappear from the scene, and a voice come out giving me some insight on this particular animal. I am able to make them all disappear now...Yeah! 


See me concentrating, I am looking at one right now. I only play for 15 minutes, that's enough for me. My mom want to keep me happy with the process, letting me get acclimated to the computer and his challenges. I am doing well, especially when I look at those pictures, it is obvious to see that I am engaged and able to succeed. 



In this picture , you can see the animal on the screen that I am looking at. If look at the seal, long enough, a red square light up the area, than it disappear. A voice come out," A seal is an animal....."


The attachment to my chair. It is very easy to put on and take out. The eye gaze works very well. My mom try to have me do it every day, she want consistency, but sometime it does not work with our schedule's. The important thing is to keep on trying. Wow....it is just amazing, I am learning to act on my own, and make thing happen, this is very new to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment